Update June 15, 2021:
Update May 19, 2021:
As per updated NYS regulations, individuals who have been fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask in most indoor spaces. As of 5/18/21, the vaccination rate for individuals 18+ in the Capital Region is currently 59.1%. At The Lazy Axe, we would prefer that everyone continue to wear a mask until the vaccination rate is higher.
However, if guests are fully vaccinated and do not want to wear a mask, we will allow them to do so. When guests check in, they must verbally acknowledge that they are vaccinated and wear an “I Got My COVID-19 Vaccine” sticker (which we will provide) so our staff know that they do not need to wear a mask during their session.
We are very committed to providing a safe and comfortable experience for our guests. These are our current procedures to keep everyone healthy, which were updated on October 18, 2020:
- Our employees are wearing face coverings at all times.
- Guests must wear face coverings at all times, unless actively eating or drinking something.
- Wearing a face covering protects the safety of our employees and other guests.
- No guest or employee that shows symptoms of illness will be allowed in our facility.
GROUPS 6 FT APART
- Our lanes are 12 feet wide, and we have markings on the floor and lane tables to ensure a 6ft separation between groups when multiple lanes are used.
- Guests at each lane are members of the same group.
- We have temporarily discontinued our Social Throw experience. Instead, we are accommodating small groups (1-3 people) separately.
- We have decreased the capacity for each of our leagues.
STAGGERED START TIMES
- We are staggering session start times to ensure minimal contact with other groups upon arrival.
- We are also using separate designated waiting areas for different groups.
- As always, guests are encouraged to reserve their session online in advance. Walk-Ins will only be accommodated if space and staffing is available.
- We are disinfecting lane tables, chairs, and axe handles after each session.
- We are regularly disinfecting common spaces and surfaces (restrooms, door handles, front desk, and waiting areas) throughout the day.
- We have temporarily discontinued the use of board games in our waiting area.
- We encourage all guests to complete waivers in advance, but when our tablets are used, we are disinfecting them after each use.
If you need to reschedule your session because you or someone in your group is sick and it is within 24 hours of your scheduled session, please call us. We can reschedule your session or issue you a gift card to reschedule at another time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.