Due to the COVID-19 situation, The Lazy Axe has been temporarily closed since March 16th. We are re-opening on July 1st!
We are very committed to providing a safe and comfortable experience for our guests. In order to do so, we will be abiding by New York State’s MANDATORY Business Guidelines and strongly encouraging NYS’s Recommended Best Practices.
These are our new procedures to keep everyone healthy:
- Our employees are wearing face coverings at all times.
- Guests must wear face coverings while in common spaces (upon arrival and anytime they’re not at their group’s assigned lane).
- Guests are encouraged to wear face coverings at all times. Wearing a face covering protects the safety of others in the group as well as our employees. We understand that some guests may not be comfortable wearing a face covering at all times, but guests must at least wear a face covering when entering the facility and anytime they are not at their designated lane (as per NYS guidelines).
- No guest or employee that shows symptoms of illness will be allowed in our facility.
GROUPS 6 FT APART
- Our lanes are 12 feet wide, and we have markings on the floor and lane tables to ensure a 6ft separation between groups when multiple lanes are used.
- Guests at each lane are members of the same group, with a maximum of 8 people per lane (decreased capacity).
- We have temporarily discontinued our Social Throw experience. Instead, we are accommodating small groups (1-3 people) separately.
- We have decreased the capacity for each of our leagues.
STAGGERED START TIMES
- We are staggering session start times to ensure minimal contact with other groups upon arrival.
- We are also using separate designated waiting areas for different groups.
- As always, guests are encouraged to reserve their session online in advance. Walk-Ins will only be accommodated if space and staffing is available.
- We are disinfecting lane tables, chairs, and axe handles after each session.
- We are regularly disinfecting common spaces and surfaces (restrooms, door handles, front desk, and waiting areas) throughout the day.
- We have temporarily discontinued the use of board games in our waiting area.
- We encourage all guests to complete waivers in advance, but when our tablets are used, we are disinfecting them after each use.
If you need to reschedule your session because you or someone in your group is sick and it is within 24 hours of your scheduled session, please call us. We can reschedule your session or issue you a gift card to reschedule at another time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.