Corporate Group? Bachelor/ette Party? Birthday Party? Athletic Team? Family Reunion? Greek Org?
Host your next fun event at The Lazy Axe!
We have two primary options for custom bookings, but we are happy to discuss other options as well.
- One-Hour Event ($20 +tax per person) – Participants go through a safety demonstration and an axe throwing lesson. After that, we make sure that folks get comfortable throwing (either two-handed or one-handed) and then play a couple of games. If time permits, we will introduce some trick shots.
- Two-Hour Event ($35 +tax per person) – For a two-hour event, we do everything mentioned above for the first hour and then kick the competition up a notch and facilitate a league-style tournament for anyone interested in participating. We’ve had a number of big groups come through so far, and the tournament is definitely a highlight (a couple of groups have even brought in a trophy to present to the winner at the end of the tournament!). For large groups (10+ participants), we highly recommend a two-hour event.
If you’re interested in having us facilitate team-building activities with reflective debriefing to address particular skills, we can do that as well. Both owners of The Lazy Axe have experience conducting these types of sessions in higher education settings.
All custom bookings will get one target per six participants. We can host a group of up to ~60 participants.
Our standard hours are Tuesday-Thursday 4pm-10pm, Friday 4pm-11pm, Saturday 11am-11pm, and Sunday 11am-8pm. However, if you are booking a one-hour event for 20 or more people OR booking a two-hour event, we are willing to open outside of our regular hours to accommodate the time that works best for your (our schedule permitting).
Food & Drinks:
Currently, we only serve pre-packaged snacks and bottled beverages. We do allow groups to bring in food and soft drinks, and we have an event room that you can use to set up your food and drinks and hang out throughout your event. We do not have a beer and wine license, so alcoholic beverages are not allowed on premises. However, if alcoholic beverages are integral to your event, and you’re willing to book the entire space, we might be able to accommodate a temporary permit. If you’re interested, please ask us for details.
Custom Booking Policies:
- For custom bookings, we will send you an online invoice for 50% of your balance, which must be paid at least 3 days prior to your event. The remainder of the balance will be due on the day of the event.
- This 50% deposit is refundable ONLY if you cancel your event at least 24 hours prior to when it is scheduled (as per our Cancellation Policy).
- If you’re unsure exactly how many participants you will have, that’s okay. We understand that it can be difficult to wrangle a lot of people. When we create your booking, we will need to know approximately how many people you expect to participate. We will base your initial invoice on this number. On the day of your event, we will adjust your balance based on the final number of participants (within reason). If you have more than 4 extra people, we will try our best to accommodate them.
- We will not adjust your balance for more than 4 missing people, unless you notify us at least 24 hours before your event (as per our Cancellation Policy).
Interested in scheduling a custom booking? Want to learn more?